The Civic Federation is a non-partisan, non-profit government research organization working to maximize the quality and cost-effectiveness of government services in the Chicago region and the State of Illinois. The Civic Federation publishes reports and analysis about state and local government tax policies and government services. The Federation’s membership includes business and professional leaders from a wide range of Chicago-area companies and institutions.
Position Title & Description: Executive Assistant
The Civic Federation seeks a dynamic professional with exemplary organizational, interpersonal and writing skills to provide administrative support to the President and the office.
The Executive Assistant reports to the President and works closely with all staff members.
While the title is Executive Assistant, this is a big-picture role that requires critical thinking.
- Proactively prioritize calls, meetings and tasks for the President;
- Assist in maintaining an ever-changing calendar;
- Provide administrative support to the office;
- Act as a point of contact for Civic Federation board members, government officials and civic and business leaders;
- Draft and edit correspondence;
- Maintain records and files;
- Answer and manage incoming calls, delivering timely messages to appropriate staff;
- Coordinate logistics for group meetings, which may require some early mornings approximately 3-5 times per month;
- Coordinate logistics and registration for conferences;
- Assist with the planning of events throughout the year;
- Maintain updated contact information and distribution lists in ClaritySoft database; and
- Other duties as requested.
- Prior experience providing support to an executive preferred but not required;
- A team player;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail;
- Comfortable keeping the President on schedule;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, entrepreneurial and proactive;
- Professional demeanor and experience interacting with executives and other VIPs;
- Integrity and ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks;
- Ability to work well independently and maintain a positive attitude under pressure;
- A critical thinker who can see the big picture;
- Understanding and awareness of the details, big and small, that make all the difference;
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm to learn;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and business writing; and
- Prior experience with ClaritySoft or another CRM tool a plus.
Salary and Compensation
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position with a generous vacation and benefits package.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references via mail or email to:
The Civic Federation
10 N. Dearborn St., Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60602
[email protected] (no phone calls, please)
The Civic Federation is an equal opportunity employer. We fundamentally support and remain committed to seeking a diverse team of professionals to serve the mission of the Civic Federation. All membership and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law.